I sure love a good steak, who doesn’t? After years of experimenting with steak trying to uncover the absolute best way to cook them (oven vs. grill) and perfect seasoning for them (seasoned salts, marinades, good ole salt and pepper) I’ve found that the BEST way to cook a tenderloin…
is different depending on your mood!
I’ve found that I love to marinade steaks that are going on the grill and I like to grill steaks when we’re tailgating or it’s summer.
I’ve found that I really like oven cooked whole tenderloins that are seasoned with salts and peppers when we are cooking for a crowd.
And I’ve found that, like most things in life, simpler is better a lot of times. This is the best Whole 30 tenderloin and SUCH a treat after a long week of dieting! It is perfectly on-plan but tastes too good to be true!
This Perfect Tenderloin is as simple as it is perfect- I just employ 4 trusty ingredients- a good quality steak, ghee, salt, and pepper.
- 4 8oz beef tenderloin
- 2 tbls butter ghee
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 450
- season all sides of tenderloins with salt and pepper liberally
- Heat cast iron skillet with ghee on high heat until sizzling
- sear all sides of tenderloin (about 2 minutes per side)
- add skillet with steaks to oven for 20-25 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 135-145 depending on desired doneness
- Take steaks out of oven and let rest at least 10 minutes before serving