When we moved from Knoxville to South Texas last year I did MAJOR purges of everything that we owned. No item was too small for its usefulness to be dissected and evaluated. I did this because I absolutely refused to move across the country with a U-Haul full of crap that I would never use again. Needless to say, I donated and threw away the majority of our belongings!
Now, almost one year later, our house is *this close* to being finished and we are finally going to be moving out of my parent’s guest house! With this fresh beginning comes a need to stock up my kitchen once again. I’ve recently begun stockpiling my favorite kitchen gadgets and thought I would share with you which tools every paleo kitchen needs:
- 7-in-1 Instant Pot: Over my Whole30 Journey and continued Paleo lifestyle, this pressure cooker has become my best friend. We make everything from Nom Nom Paleo’s Mexican Beef, to Crispy Potatoes, to Beef Stew. Your cooking time is cut by at least 50% when using a pressure cooker and the meats are unbelievably TENDER!
2. A food processor- these will save you a ton of time chopping veggies or making salsas. I also use mine to get cooked bacon really fine when I’m incorporating it into meatballs or burgers.
3. A really great meat thermometer. You cannot make the perfect steak without a reliable meat thermometer. I’ve linked to my favorite but really you’re just looking for a thermometer with a probe long enough to reach the center of any meat you are cooking and a fast read time. Once you have a digital thermometer you will never go back to the old way of life!
4. Immersion Blender. The single best way to make two Whole30 Favorites: Compliant Mayonnaise AND Bulletproof Coffee. I’ve never been able to blend my coconut cream and cinnamon into my coffee successfully without this immersion blender. The coffee transforms into frothy goodness instead of a slimy mess with this bad boy!
5. Great Knives. These knives are the absolute best I’ve ever owned. We have spent a small fortune on knives in the past and they don’t stack up to the quality and sharpness of these. You don’t have to spend a lot to get a great quality knives. BONUS: These come with a lifetime guarantee!
Aside from the usual suspects: Pots and pans, cutting boards, and some mixing bowls, those are my all time favorite kitchen gadgets for a Paleo Kitchen! It doesn’t require a lot of investment or space to be completely prepared to embark on some serious meal prepping! What are your favorite kitchen gadgets? Let me know in the comments!