Everyone loves a good potato, right? Have you ever had a Yukon gold potato? They are soft and buttery and absolutely divine. Plenty of times, I just chop them up, roast them with salt and pepper, and call it a day. But today I made the most incredible Beef Short Ribs and they needed to be paired with something special: enter these bad boys.
I fried up some chopped bacon, took the fat from the frying pan, and mixed in chopped Yukon gold potatoes. I added minced onion, salt and pepper, and roasted the potatoes for 35 minutes in a 425 degree oven.
Then, I added the cooked bacon, freshly shredded Parmesan cheese and Parsley flakes. This simple, simply recipe resulted in UNBELIEVABLY juicy and flavorful roasted Yukon gold potatoes.
- 3 Lbs Chopped Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Lb bacon
- 1/2 C shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 TBLS Parsley Flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cook bacon fully in frying pan
- Reserve half of the bacon fat
- Set bacon aside and crumble when cool
- Add chopped potatoes to casserole pan
- Add reserved bacon fat to potatoes and stir until combined
- Cook on 425 for 35 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender
- Top potatoes with crumbled bacon, Parmesan cheese, and Parsley flakes
- Reduce oven heat to 350
- Place potatoes back in oven for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted
- Serve immediately