I love Asian food- Pho, Fried Rice, anything wrapped in a wonton- basically anything that can be paired with Soy Sauce or Wasabi is my friend. However, after adopting a mostly clean and Paleo lifestyle, and especially during a Whole30 cycle, wontons, rice, and soy are a no-go.
I’ve been working on this recipe for a while and have finally perfected it! Paleo Egg Roll in a Bowl is the best part of the egg roll, anway- all the flavorful filling! The secret to this recipe is the Fish Sauce! Fish sauce adds a little saltiness and a whole lot of flavor to any dish, just be careful to not add to much!
I like to fry my cabbage a little longer than others, the coconut aminos will create a nice char on the outer crust of the leaves if you let them sit undisturbed for about 2 minutes at the end of cooking.
If you’re interested in checking out the rest of the meals we’ve eaten during our Whole30 Journey, check out my Whole30 Recipe Roundup!
- 1 lb ground pork ( or ground chicken, ground beef)
- 1/2 head yellow cabbage
- 1/2 head red cabbage
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped and shaved
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbls sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp fish oil
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- Melt 1 TBLS of your favorite cooking oil ( I use coconut oil) and Fry 1 lb ground pork in a deep wok.
- While the pork is cooking, chop 1/2 of a head of Yellow Cabbage and 1/2 of a head of Red Cabbage and add to a mixing bowl
- Add 1/2 lb mushrooms, 1 diced red onion, 3 or 4 shaved carrots, and 5 cloves of minced garlic to the mixing bowl
- Whisk together 1 tbls sesame oil, 1/2 tsp fish sauce, 1/2 cup coconut aminos, and 1 tsp fresh minced ginger
- Add vegetables and sauce mixture to wok and stir to combine
- cook until onions are translucent and cabbage has wilted- about 5 minutes
- Whisk together 3 eggs and add to the wok
- Cook until eggs are no longer runny
- Garnish with chopped green onions
Products used in this recipe:
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link which means you won’t pay any more for the (awesome) product and I receive a little dollars to help keep the lights on 😉