I will just start out by saying that I LOVE BACON. All forms of it. On anything. Served with anything. Therefore, I am also unapologetic in my love for love prosciutto. I didn’t start really experimenting with prosciutto myself until embarking on the Paleo journey a few months ago. Since then, my absolute favorite prosciutto recipe has been the most simple: prosciutto wrapped asparagus.
It’s really as simple as it sounds: dress the asparagus and wrap it in bunches in sliced of prosciutto. Then, fry up those little bundles until the asparagus is tender and the prosciutto is crisp. This is absolutely stellar- even my two year old tolerates it!
- 6 oz sliced prosciutto
- 1 bundle asparagus, washed and dried
- 1 TBLS olive oil
- cut bottom 1/3 of stalk off asparagus --- the bottom is typically very tough and hard to cook
- wrap prosciutto around bundles of asparagus utnil entire length of stalk is wrapped in prosciutto- depending on thickness of each stalk, 2-4 pieces of asparagus should be used to form a bundle
- heat olive oil in skillet on medium-high heat
- once skillet is hot, add asparagus bunches 3-4 at a time
- try to only flip each bunch one time, set on the skillet and let the prosciutto fully crisp on one side before turning
- Prosciutto should be crispy and asparagus tender when done
- Remove and repeat cook remaining bunches in turn
- Serve immediately