You know the saying, “everything’s bigger in Texas”? There is also a saying “everything’s tastier in Texas”! Even after all the amazing places we have traveled to for work and for pleasure, the best meals I’ve ever had are here in Texas. Whether that be legendary Texas BBQ, Authentic Mexican Food (home of the breakfast taco!), or fresh caught seafood, you can easily find a delightful meal anywhere you happen to be in Texas.
When I think of Texas food, I think of two things: Flavor and Heat. Most recipes originating down here have a lot of both and this recipe is no different: we combine Texas Hot Sauce, Jalapenos, and Crispy Bacon into our turkey burgers for the ultimate beef-free burger experience.
The great thing about these burgers is they can be done on the stove OR on the grill…because sometimes these Texas-Sized mosquitoes just won’t quit.
I serve our Burgers on lettuce buns and piled high with veggies and a side of Oven Roasted and Toasted Potato Wedges! Check out our Paleo Roundup for a month’s worth of Paleo Meals here: Paleo Recipe Roundup
*When we aren’t on the Whole30 bandwagon, we add cubed cheese and breadcrumbs to our patties!*
- 6 slices bacon - sugar and nitrate free
- 1 lb ground turkey - we like 97% Lean
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cut grated carrot
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 2 jalapeno- seeded and diced
- 2 TBLS cilantro
- 2TBLS Almond Flour
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 TBLS Texas Pete Hot Sauce - of favorite compliant hot sauce
- Fry up bacon in a skillet, reserve bacon grease
- Once bacon has cooled, crumble and add to mixing bowl
- Add all of ingredients- turkey, eggs white, carrot, red onion, jalapeno, almond flour, garlic, and hot sauce- to mixing bowl and combine with your hands
- If the mixture is too loose to form patties, add more almond flour 1TBLS at a time
- Once full combined, form into 4 burger patties
- Reheat bacon great over medium heat
- Cook burgers until no longer pink- about 7 minutes per side
The only mixing bowls you will ever need:Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link which means you won’t pay any more for the (awesome) product and I receive a little dollars to help keep the lights on 😉